Friday, September 7, 2007

Working From Home - Friday Tagging

Beset by a migraine, I am in a dark room in my house instead of the bright office. This has not prevented me from doing the minute tasks that fill the ends of weeks, nor will it prevent me from the Friday tag wrap-up.

Pistachio Gelato - There's nothing like reading a post that forces you to scour the internet to then buy a product from a website in a language you don't understand, prompting you to ask a co-worker who then reads every word aloud to you. Still, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't counting the moments until my Bronte pistachio cream arrived. Thank you, David.

Lavender Creme Brulee - I don't know why I bookmarked this since I own the Dorie Greenspan book. Perhaps it was to remind myself to investigate it more.

Apricot Jam - The season is over here, but I stored some already halved apricots in the freezer for jam. I thought the photos were beautiful, though, and have to seriously reevaluate the light in my kitchen if I want to continue posting my own.

Honey Ricotta Napoleons - One of the reasons for wedging a chest freezer into a New York City apartment was so that things like veal stock and puff pastry could be made and kept. Sadly, I bought the freezer during summer when I had little desire to make either. With autumn approaching (drat), perhaps its time to utilize said freezer.

Tomato Paella - Ok, so it has no meat, which will require a little convincing for the man of the house (who, yes, I know, should shut up and be thankful someone cooks for him), but this does look tasty, and I do buy too many tomatoes every week.

Tiramisu Ice Cream - There has been mascarpone in my fridge for several weeks, as I was planning on making cheesecake. Perhaps I should give up the fight and turn it into yet more ice cream.

I am gong to try and jam my plums this weekend, so stay tuned!

No comments: